Whether you’re a fan of new year’s resolutions or not, the beginning of the year brings a certain energy and pursuit for personal and professional growth. Many of us are thinking about how we want to grow. From continuing education, gaining a certification, fulfilling a license requirement, finding balance and happiness with work/life integration, or enhancing skill sets and teams to tackle specific goals and challenges.
How we achieve that growth can come from a variety of sources and avenues. To help you map out your personal and professional growth plan for 2022, we wanted to share some recommendations that we sourced from SalesPagers! From industry events to our favorite blog, check out this post for ideas on how you can grow, learn, engage, and connect in 2022.
Grow personally and professionally
We asked SalesPagers what they’re doing to fuel their personal and professional growth in 2022 and here’s what they shared and recommended:
- Read a book. Some (we have so many!) SalesPager favorites:
- Volunteer. See SalesPagers #givingback
- Be and find a mentor. Grab coffee and soak up the experience, ask questions, listen to advisor. Mentors can play a crucial role in career growth.
- Listen to a new podcast. Some SalesPager favorites: Next Big Idea, Hidden Brain, The Marketing Book Podcast, The 5 AM Miracle Podcast, Humanergy Leadership Podcast, Greg Groeschel Leadership Podcast
- Pursue a new certification. Some SalesPager favorites:
- Subscribe to the SalesPage Blog, our favorite blog (naturally), for the latest commentary on tech topics, product releases, and news – directly from SalesPagers
- Learn how you can better use advisor entity, intent, and team data to engage with Advisor teams. Subscribe to quarterly insights from Advisor Atlas.
Learn from industry events
Industry groups and associations like Nicsa, ICI, MMI, The SME Forum, and IMEA all host conferences and webinars and offer continued education throughout the year. Here is a list of events we look forward to participating in in 2022. Join and learn with us!
|Industry event||Location||More information|
|MMI Summit||Fort Lauderdale, FL||March 24-25|
|Nicsa Strategic Leadership Forum||Ponte Vedra Beach, FL||March 30 – April 1|
|The SME Forum – Spring||Newport Beach, CA||April 5-7|
|IMEA All-Council Summit||Chicago, IL||April 21|
|ICI Leadership Summit||Washington, DC||May 25-26|
|The Morningstar Investment Conference||Chicago, IL||May 16-18|
|The SME Forum International||London, UK||June 7|
|The SME Forum – Fall||Nashville, TN|
|NICSA GMM Conference||October|
|MMI Annual Conference||Nashville, TN||October 19-21|
|ICI Operations Summit||Dallas, TX||November 8-9|
Engage with peers and partners
The asset management industry has many associations and groups that offer opportunities to volunteer and network with your partners and peers. A few, from the list above, include:
- Nicsa – Incorporates a variety of committees open to all of their member firms. As a member, SalesPagers are active on the Data Analytics Committee and Diversity Project North America (DPNA) Committees – “Next” Practices, Industry Engagement, and Education. If you’re passionate about a specific topic area and would like to get more involved, check out Nicsa committees.
- IMEA – Hosts IMEA councils on data, distribution, education, product, and marketing. As a partner, we regularly attend council meetings and events and appreciate the candid conversations and idea sharing.
- ICI – Offers member firms the opportunity to join ICI’s committees and taskforces. As a sponsor of ICI, we’ve attended many events and enjoyed the content ICI and their members and committees bring forward in the industry.
If you’re a SalesPage Client. One great way to engage will be to join us for the SalesPage Client Summit, May 18-19. We’ll be bringing our entire client base together to engage, learn, connect, and grow.
Connect with us
We included a lot of great ideas on how to grow, engage and learn. If your time is limited there is still an easy way for you to stay connected with us. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter, connect with SalesPagers, and feel free to contact us!