The Implementation/Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the delivery of client implementations/projects on time, on budget, and within scope. As the primary point of communication, the Implementation/Project Manager is pivotal in ensuring alignment between our clients and internal project team. Main responsibilities are: Creating a project plan/tasks, leading external and internal status meetings, maintaining documentation and act as the main point person with clients.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
Scope, Schedule and Budget Management
- Collaborate with clients and team members to understand requirements to create and manage scope expectations with the client. Clearly define and communicate in scope and out of scope.
- Oversee and personally review project deliverables before sending to the client to ensure it meets your expectations.
- Manage scope creep with the client and ensure it is handled appropriately (i.e. deferred, change request, swap out, use contingency bucket). Communicate scope creep impacts to the client in a timely manner.
- Get client approvals in writing or email. Document and save critical client communications for future reference (i.e. due date warnings).
- Work with team members to provide estimates to the client. Estimates can be high-level scoping (t-shirt sizes), or detailed based on defined requirements.
- Work with the Account Manager to create work order or change request contracts that clearly specify the scope, constraints, assumptions, schedule, cost, and governance to best protect SalesPage. Ensure SalesPage is delivering to what is stated in the contract.
- Hold clients accountable for their deliverables and deadlines. Communicate and gain agreement with clients in advance of finalizing the schedule. Provide ample warnings of impending due dates and schedule impacts.
- Hold team members accountable for their deliverables and deadlines. Provide ample warnings of impending due dates and escalate to management when issues arise. Check in on a regular basis. Clearly communicate task priorities to team members and track progress regularly.
- Create whatever materials are needed and best suited to best track the project to completion (spreadsheets, Microsoft project plan, status reports, approvals, roadmaps, etc.).
- Proactively manage client expectations and ensure that SalesPage is meeting commitments (or reset the expectation). Identify any potential misunderstandings and clear them up quickly.
- Proactive follow up on open issues and/or project dependencies. Track them and ensure timely closure.
- Provide any administrative support needed to support the client. This includes a variety of tasks such as creating meeting invites, Zoom setup, keeping client folders organized, and updating JIRA.
- Setup and maintain project jobs in time tracking system. Communicate job time tracking requirements to project teams and review time logged for accuracy on a monthly basis. Ensure any necessary time log errors are fixed and communicated. Accurately track your own time spent and log it against the assigned project.
- Create, organize, prioritize, and assign JIRA tickets for project work (new tasks, support issues, etc.). Check daily to manage tickets and ensure work is progressing on schedule.
- Update resource plan on weekly basis.
- Run effective meetings with clients and internal team members. Meetings must be thoughtfully prepared for and designed to best meet the objective (conference calls, Zoom, stand-ups, on-site, etc.).
- Create the agenda and communicate it to all meeting invitees in advance in the meeting invite. Clearly state expectations for the meeting (i.e. Should the attendees come prepared from reviewing a document?).
- Ensure the right people attend for a successful meeting (or cancel it). Ensure logistics are arranged and included in the invite (meeting room, Zoom, conference call number, etc.).
- Assign items to appropriate team members and oversee that all meeting materials meet quality standards and are prepared and ready to go. Oversee and ensure meeting materials are prepared for display (Zoom/or projector) or provide printouts. When appropriate, send materials in advance for a successful meeting.
- Arrive to the meeting room in advance to provide any needed setup (i.e. dial in, projector, screen sharing, etc.).
- Kick off the meeting with introductions and a restatement of the goals and lead into the first agenda topic. During the meeting take notes, document decisions and open items, keep the meeting agenda on track. At the conclusion of the meeting send an email follow up with the action items (with due dates) and decisions made during the meeting.
- Serve as the primary point of communication for your accounts. This includes effectively communicating with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders (clients, management, analysts, developers, testers, etc.).
- Represent SalesPage to our clients, third-party vendors, and partners. Engage directly with clients on a daily basis and use various means of communication to be effective (i.e. conference calls, , preparing and presenting PowerPoint presentations, emails, etc.).
- Tailor the communication approach (method, vehicle, and tone) so it is appropriate for your audience. Follow the SalesPage communication policy and ensure responsiveness.
- Build strong client relationships with key personnel and work with Account Manager to stay on top of any upsell opportunities, problems or issues, or strategic account items.
- Encourage and facilitate team interaction. Find opportunities to boost motivation and/or thank team members for outstanding contributions (notifying Director of Operations).
- Use good judgement to make project decisions to keep the project on track, meet client expectations, and protect SalesPage. Take ownership of decisions you make and work to ensure you are aligned with managements basic principles.
- Proactively manage project risk. Communicate and report issues to senior management as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of best practices by using methods such as: attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking for state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain documentation for Implementations and other client projects that are often repeatable.
- Occasionally be available during off hours when needed to support your clients (deployments, emergencies).
- Contribute to the ongoing development of best practices and procedures through lessons learned.
- Flexibility to take on additional backfill work from other departments when schedule allows.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or a related field.
- At least 3 years of post-collegiate experience in Project Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, facilitation, influencing, presentation and relationship skills.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized, with ability to prioritize work when working on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, with little direct supervision. Must be a self-starter.
- Able to handle multiple projects at the same time and prioritize work to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of the SalesPage product suite and of the Asset Management industry and operations.
SalesPage provides solutions for asset managers focusing on data collection, management, aggregation, and analysis as well as industry specific CRM capability. SalesPage functions as a hub within our client’s data architecture, serving as a center point where data is collected and distributed to other systems, such as BI platforms and Salesforce. We help asset managers enter the world of “big data” to find the best way to connect their investment products to those who will benefit from them most.
For over 30 years, SalesPage has been working with some of the largest and most respected asset management firms in the nation to solve business challenges with industry-leading software solutions. We are headquartered in downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan in the Foundry, a state-of-the-art facility for tech companies. We’re looking for intelligent and passionate individuals to join our team and help continue our advancement towards being the most respected and in-demand distribution management partner in the industry.
SalesPage is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.