Associate Data Engineer
SalesPage provides an opportunity for developers to expand and explore other skillsets as part of a client-focused team. Developers at SalesPage work as part of that team and are given independence and responsibility to fulfill their role in the team. SalesPage is an expanding company that is constantly innovating with new techniques and technologies to provide the best capability for our clients, and developers at SalesPage are responsible for that innovation. New employees will contribute to that growth and innovation.
We use a Java EE web-based solution to provide an application for users to manage and view data, and many Java-based data processing, data analysis, and ETL jobs. We provide both software for our clients and a SaaS solution in the AWS cloud. All developers at SalesPage are full-stack developers, familiar with web application capabilities and development, implementing business logic around client data, using a relational database, and mass data processing techniques. Data Engineers are focused on the mass data processing and relational database usage components of the stack.
Associate Data Engineers at SalesPage are responsible for:
- Full SDLC for data processing jobs, including ETL, on-demand volume processing, and analytics.
- Using and supporting technology used for implementing data processing jobs.
- Optimizing performance of existing batch processing jobs.
- Innovating on new data processing techniques to improve accuracy, including data science techniques.
The ideal Data Engineer candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, data analytics, or a related field.
- 0-5 years of experience in work related to the position.
- Familiarity with relational databases, including SQL and use of database objects such as views, stored procedures, and functions.
- Experience working and processing large datasets, and techniques for working with data in volume effectively.
- Experience with Java or Groovy.
- Familiarity using a source control tool such as Subversion or Git.
SalesPage provides solutions for asset managers focusing on data collection, management, aggregation, and analysis as well as industry specific CRM capability. SalesPage functions as a hub within our client’s data architecture, serving as a center point where data is collected and distributed to other systems, such as BI platforms and Salesforce. We help asset managers enter the world of “big data” to find the best way to connect their investment products to those who will benefit from them most.
For over 30 years, SalesPage has been working with some of the largest and most respected asset management firms in the nation to solve business challenges with industry-leading software solutions. We are headquartered in downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan in the Foundry, a state-of-the-art facility for tech companies. We’re looking for intelligent and passionate individuals to join our team and help continue our advancement towards being the most respected and in-demand distribution management partner in the industry.
SalesPage is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.